Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Frustration

Disclaimer: I created this blog to keep close family and friends up to speed on life in the Burchard home. These are the people committed to pray consistently for us, and that is what I am asking.... pray for us to sell the house in Ft. Myers.

I've been telling Rusty for days that I am struggling with "anger issues". Today, I realized it's not anger, but frustration with circumstances. I'm not sure if one is much different than the other..... but the more I prayed, the more I knew I wasn't angry with God, just frustrated at the circumstances I am in right at this moment. When we accepted the call to Charlotte back in March of last year, we both knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is where the Lord was leading us. To this day, we have not second guessed that decision for one moment. This is home now and we have never been happier. We left with our house still on the market and a beautiful home in Charlotte waiting for us. We knew real estate was a struggle at the time, but knowing God was in control made it so much easier to leave things unsettled. Well, it's been seven months and not one offer. Our agent has suggested that unless we want to sell it for about fifty thousand less then we owe, we should take it off the market. This is my frustration.... If we know this is where we are called, why is this so difficult? Every month we are charging money on credit cards that we worked so hard to finally pay off..... Again, frustration... How to fix it??? Go back to work full-time and put the kids in aftercare, which costs an arm and a leg???? Move into a smaller house???? Sell the house and put the difference in a loan???? I know that being a believer doesn't make things perfect, but my struggle is in "WHY" is it so hard sometimes??? I know we all have had a moment (some of us more than others) where we've questioned "why"...... tell me, how did you get through it???? 

5 comments:

debbieingrovecity said...

remember this...
The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

It is the hardest thing to trust and go where He wants you. I know that first hand. Be faithful and allow Him to work...pray without ceasing and I will do the same....

Debbie said...

I am so there....you just don't understand! I wish I could give you some great advice, but I can't. I will commit to pray for you and this situation. Pray for our house to sell too.

Debbie said...

Oh yeah, Mitch says, Which Time...? You mean this year, last year, the year before? We struggle with the same issues and I've been ANGRY for a few days now. Our church has hurt us so bad here and we question everything. Our house has not sold and it's been 6 months....once again questioning. We understand!

Dave said...

Sometimes God let's things get to the point to where they are just humanly impossible and the BOOM He takes care of it.
He does this for His Glory, not ours. As a friend once said "God is large and in charge". Let Him be just that and rest your faith on Him and not on your broker or the market. Man will fail you He won't.

The Via Colony said...

Thanks for dinner last night. We had so much fun=) It's always good to have some adult conversation every once in a while!