Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Challenge Begins!

While sitting around stuffing our faces at a New Year's Eve party, a bunch of us were talking about starting our diets the next day. How many similar conversations do think went on like that??? I have been saying for months that I need to get back in some "sorta" shape while I'm still young!! For someone who was always the skinny one, I'm not quite sure where these extra 30 pounds came from!! I could call it baby fat, but Carter's 7.... I could blame it on my cooking, but most of you have eaten my food! They seem to have snuck up on me, a pound or two, or maybe three or four, each year. Enough is enough!! The buck (and coffee, and chocolate, and pasta, and....) stops here. There are about 10 of us that have begun this "Weight Loss Challenge" that runs from January 1st to the end of March. Here's how it works. Each participant puts in $20 a month and $1.00 more each week they are not the "biggest loser". Our final day is March 31st and whoever has lost the most (percentage, not actual pounds) wins the stash. Sounds great, huh??? It will be, once my mind wraps itself around Starbucks once a week, instead of once a day! Pray for me!! I'll keep you posted on my success (and/or failures!) 

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm right there with you Tina! You look great though! This is going to be fun! See you on Sunday!

debbieingrovecity said...

I lost 14 lbs in 6 weeks...had to have all of my reproductive organs taken from me..but it is a loss I will take!

get on that treadmill and work that body!! good luck....

Debbie said...

I'm FAT! :o) I'm hoping to loss some this year, but it's hard due to having a hysterectomy two years ago. The hormones they put me on have taken their toll on my body. So....to be skinny or nice is the question. Mitch says that he doesn't want a skinny mean wife...ha! I can't wait to see how you do!